GTA Vice City The world of Guns and Galore
GTA Vice City: Shooters, Shooters, and More Shooters
The fans of the GTA lineup of games have several reasons for sticking to the series, over the years. It is partly owing to the excellent dark-themed visuals and matching background score and also because of other elements used in the GTA games. However, due credit must be given to the diverse transport system and weaponry used in the games. In GTA Vice City, Rockstar revamped the weapon system- much to the delight of the fans. In Vice City, you can take your pick from a huge range of weaponry.
The Weapon System In Vice City
The huge range of weapons in GTA Vice City makes the players spoilt for choice. However, you need to know how to obtain weapons and where to use them. Not all weapons will inflict a similar amount of damage on the enemies and the firepower varies from one model to another. There are different kinds of shooters, rifles, snipers, shotshooters, machine shooters and weapons that cause a fire. However, most of the times you will be using shooters. Some of these can be found at specific locations and the player can also buy weapons at the Ammunation shops. Interestingly, the weapon icons are not the same in smartphone, console and PC versions of Vice City.
The weapons you can use in GTA Vice City are categorized into 10 classes. At one time, you are permitted to carry only one from each category.
Some Of The Popular Weapons In GTA Vice City
There are 35 types of weapons in the game and the most popular ones are listed here:
- M60 – The M60 is a long-range machine shooter with enough firepower to decimate the enemies. You can deploy it for taking down rival gang members quickly. It can also be used to damage enemy vehicles. The only drawback it has is a relatively slow firing rate. You may also use it to take down cop helicopters fast.
- Micro SMG – The Micro SMG is a very powerful type of sub-machine shooter which has also been used in many versions of GTA, along with Vice City. Its 950 RPM rate of fire is pretty good.
- Laser scope – This is a powerful sniper that you can use in the game to combat enemies who are located far. Also referred to as the PSG1, it fires 7 bullets and then you need to reload the weapon.
- Shotgun- In the GTA games, Shotguns are used a lot. GTA Vice City has several types of Shot gun s of which the most notable is Spaz 12- a capable semi-automatic shot gun.
- MP5 – This weapon is present in most versions of GTA, as it is. However, its efficacy is way better than that of other weapons. It is best when you are surrounded by rival gang members and want to take them down fast.